top of page
Library Book Searching
  • How does USABECAS help the student and his family in this process?
    You must contact us to coordinate a first interview with the student and his family to find out his academic, sports and financial profile. In that Interview we will explain the scope of the USABECAS Service as well as the costs of the Counseling, times and deadlines.
  • What requirements do I need to obtain a scholarship?
    To obtain a scholarship at a University in the USA, whether academic, sports or artistic, you must have a grade point average of more than 14 points on a scale of 20 or a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Additionally, you must have a good command of the English language since you must take the required exams for this. In many Universities, the SAT/ACT is essential for granting scholarships, especially in public Universities. Many private universities do not require the SAT.
  • Do the scholarships cover 100% of my expenses?
    No, the scholarships are generally based on the cost of tuition, however some offer scholarships based on the cost of the room. There are few options to opt for 100% scholarships and the student needs to have financial support to cover accommodation, food and personal expenses.
  • What average amount do the scholarships cover?
    Each university has its specific policy for granting scholarships, but on average they can cover between 20% and 70% of the cost of tuition. Some Universities may offer 100% depending on the academic level of the student.
  • Can I work while I am studying with a student visa?
    As an international student you can only work within the university where you study up to a maximum of 20 hours a week. In some circumstances, the student may request permission from the university to work off campus.
  • Can I take the SAT multiple times?
    YES, it is possible and most of the Universities will take the best grades from the tests presented. Our recommendation is that the student take the SAT a maximum of 3 times in the course of a calendar year.
  • How many universities can I apply to?
    There is no limit of universities to apply. At USABECAS we recommend that the student apply to a minimum of 5 universities and a maximum of 10, however, that is the decision of each student and their family.
  • Is it advisable to attend the 6th. Year of high school in the United States?
    We do not recommend it because if the student needs to improve their English, the 6th. Year is not going to be useful to learn grammar, which is essential for admission, and if the student does not need to improve English, attend the 6th. Year you will not receive any additional benefits at the time of applying and applying for a scholarship.
  • What level of English do I need to be admitted and receive a scholarship?
    The required level of English is ADVANCED: Understand clearly what you hear Have an excellent level of grammar Know how to express your ideas verbally Manage grammatical norms and rules verbally and in writing Know how to write an essay or composition respecting the rules of writing. Have excellent reading comprehension to be able to summarize and extract main ideas.
  • How much money do I need to study in the USA?
    That will depend on whether you are an international student or are born or a resident of the United States and if you have a place to stay while you study. If you are an international student and you do not have relatives where to stay while you study, that is, you must live at the university or pay some rent, the minimum you need is around $20,000 a year since that is the average cost of paying housing and food, you must also consider the amount of tuition that is left out of the scholarship. If you are an American or a resident, that amount can go down depending on the university you choose and the Federal Aid you receive.
  • Are there scholarships for English courses?
    No, the English courses do not provide scholarships as such, good discounts are always available depending on the method of payment and the time the course is going to be taken.
  • If I already started studying at the university in my country, can I transfer and get a scholarship?
    Yes, that's perfectly possible and depending on the credits you've already obtained at your university, you can get some of them recognized so you don't have to start your degree from scratch.
  • How long before should I start doing the application process?
    Ideally, you should start before the end of your junior year of high school so that you can have all possible options open. You can start later, but as the months go by, the application dates close.
bottom of page